Even if you have top-of-the-line air conditioning equipment installed in your home, it cannot run properly without the proper maintenance. A well-maintained air conditioner will run into fewer problems over time, keep energy bills low, and potentially last for longer. Here’s how you can make this happen.
- Replace an Older Thermostat – Does your air conditioner still have dials and sliders as controls, or do you have a modern digital thermostat with advanced programming options? A new thermostat can make all the difference in how efficiently your air conditioning system is used, especially if you take the time to learn how to operate it correctly.
- Program the Thermostat Efficiently – Frequently readjusting the thermostat can overwork your system. Prevent this by sticking with a schedule for your air conditioner. Learn how to use the programming settings on your thermostat, and make sure the AC shuts off or runs at a higher temperature while you are away, perhaps switching back on 20 minutes before you arrive. Find an efficient temperature—generally the warmest temperature you and your family members are still comfortable with.
- Change the Filter – Changing the air filter every one to three months can prevent airflow issues that can lead to inefficiency or a frozen evaporator coil.
- Weatherize – Minor air leaks around the home can contribute significantly to an inefficient, overworked AC system, so take care of any cracks around doors and windows, and consider adding in insulation.
- Call a Technician ASAP for Any Repairs – When you notice any problem at all with your air conditioning system, no matter how small it may seem, you should call a technician to come check it out. Waiting too long for repairs can only allow the problem time to worsen, and the repair may end up costing even more later on.
- Schedule Annual Maintenance – Each year, we recommend that you schedule maintenance with a trained professional for a routine maintenance visit. Annual air conditioning maintenance includes an inspection of your system as well as a thorough tune-up, which can help to prevent repairs and improve efficiency.
Call the professionals at Robbins Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. now for air conditioning maintenance or for prompt AC repair in the Farmington, NM area.