Why do we recommend a furnace inspection for all systems each and every year? Safety, first and foremost.
Your safety and the safety of your family is the most important thing. There is a possibility, unfortunately, that carbon monoxide could leak into your home when you use your heating system, especially if it’s not properly maintained. There’s also a chance that your heater could have electrical problems, or that it’s just not working efficiently.
A furnace inspection helps to determine that your heater is safe to operate and allows you to fix issues now rather than finding out about them in the middle of the heating season. Still, some people aren’t convinced this service is necessary. But a good technician always inspects these things to see to your health, comfort, and safety.
- Inspecting the vent system for blockage or leakage. This could cause a safety switch to malfunction or dangerous gases to back up into your home.
- Analyzing combustion gases to ensure that the system is only producing as many byproducts as it should.
- Inspecting the heat exchanger for rust, corrosion, or faulty installation.
- Seeing that the burners ignite properly and that the flame is the correct color and size.
- Checking to see that the flame sensor is functioning properly.
- Inspecting wiring for damage.
- Conducting an amp-draw test on the blower motor and ensuring it matches specifications.
- Ensuring a tight seal at the blower access door.
- Checking drainage systems for blockage.
- Checking and potentially removing the blower wheel to look for any debris blocking its movement.
- Checking and potentially replacing or cleaning filters. This is, however, something that should be done once per month—not once a year. Still, it helps to have a technician tell you you’re doing it properly.
Looking for a thorough heating inspection in Aztec, NM? Don’t waste your time with the run-around. Give Robbins Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. a call and let us do it right the first time!