Saying goodbye can be hard…unless you are saying goodbye to a broken-down heater! Ditching a bad heating system can feel pretty good, especially when you know that you are getting an even better system installed in the near future.
But what if you don’t know when it is time to ditch your old system? Then it means it is time to learn something new. Let’s talk about what the signs are that you need a new heater. This way you will know exactly when it is time to call us!
The Signs You Need a New Heater
If you need a heater replacement in Bloomfield it is a good idea to get the job done well before your heater stops working entirely. Here are the warning signs you need to know.
- The system is 10 – 15+ years old. If you don’t know how old your heater is, see if you can check the date of manufacture on the system. Your heater’s age is an important number to keep track of. It can easily be the defining factor that alerts you to when you need a replacement system rather than another repair.
- Your heater isn’t heating anything anymore. This is easily one of the clearest warning signs of a heater that needs to be replaced. And yet, we arrive at so many homes to see people who have been making due with a heater that doesn’t work! If that is you, this is your sign that it is time to let go and upgrade!
- You need frequent repairs. Repairs are a normal occurrence for any heater. However, if you start requiring frequent repairs, say at least once a year, it means that your heater needs to be replaced. Overly frequent repairs indicate that your heater is on its way to a breakdown.
- System repairs are too expensive. Another warning sign is the price of your repairs. If your repair bill could pay for half or more of the cost of a new system, then you are better off putting your funds towards a new heater instead.
- The heater isn’t running anymore. Maybe your heater is so far gone that it simply doesn’t respond anymore. Again we want to get your replacement done before this happens! However, if it does occur, then make sure to reach out as soon as you can to book an upgrade.
Having a heater in your home isn’t worth much if it doesn’t work the way it is supposed to. If you are fighting hard to keep warm just to be left shivering anyway, then your best course of action is going to be getting a replacement for your system.
Our team is here to help you get a new heater in your home in no time. With our help, you’ll enjoy a heater that will provide warmth for your home effectively and efficiently again.
Don’t waste your time with the run-around. Give us a call and let us do it right the first time! Contact Robbins Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. to get started.