How reliable has your heat pump been in terms of heating your home thus far? If you can say that you go about your time at home in relative comfort, then you’d likely say the system is doing well. If you are reading this blog from the cocoon of your thickest sweater and three blankets, however, we want to talk to you.
A heat pump that isn’t able to properly heat your home is one that likely needs heating repair in Bloomfield, NM. Even if you are dedicated to scheduling maintenance for your system every year, repairs will still pop up every now and then. Our team can help you handle them.
How To Tell Something Is Wrong With Your Heat Pump
When your heat pump isn’t working properly, it is bad news for the system and for your comfort. Thankfully you aren’t without help. Our team can provide the repairs needed to get your heat pump operable and effective again. Reach out to us when you notice the following problems:
- Airflow is too weak: Your heat pump can work as hard as possible but if it doesn’t have good, strong airflow, then it won’t make much of a difference in your home. Poor airflow could be from a clogged filter or a broken fan—whatever the cause you need timely repairs to address it.
- Your heat pump can’t produce warmth well: Have you noticed that no matter what you do, your heat pump simply can’t heat your home well enough? This may be due to an issue like a refrigerant leak or a problem with the thermostat.
- Energy bills are showing large spikes: Your energy bills fluctuate as you use your HVAC systems but that doesn’t mean large spikes are a normal thing. If you’ve noticed large spikes on your electricity bill whenever you try to heat your home, it means something is wrong with your heat pump.
- The system is unresponsive: Let’s say you try to turn on your heat pump using your thermostat or even a remote control but nothing happens in response. If this sounds familiar, there may be a disconnect within your system that needs repairs.
- Your heat pump can’t switch from cooling to heating: If you’ve read about heat pumps, you have likely heard about their ability to both heat and cool your home thanks to their reversing valve. If that valve is broken or stuck, your system won’t be able to switch from cooling to heating mode. This can make it impossible to get comfortable.
When your heat pump starts to malfunction, you should reach out for professional repairs sooner than later. These are important systems that require the skill of a trained pro to keep them functioning. Trained technicians like the ones on our team can offer you the services you need to get this system up and running again.
Don’t waste your time with the run-around. Give us a call and let us do it right the first time! Contact Robbins Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. to get started.