We know that the summer season is getting closer and closer to wrapping up and the fall is coming. With that said, living around here means that, even when there is a brief chill in the morning air, it doesn’t mean we are safe from any sporadic heatwaves. With that in mind, it is important to make sure that your air conditioner is able to keep up with the home’s demands.
If you need an air conditioner replacement in La Plata, you don’t want to delay this service. The sooner you get an aging, faulty AC unit out the better it will be for your home. The first step to doing this is knowing which warning signs to watch for that will indicate your system is on its way out.
3 Indicators You Need a New Air Conditioner
If your air conditioner needs to be replaced, you will need to know what the warning signs are that you need to get this service taken care of.
- Your air conditioner is close to 15 years old or more. Modern air conditioners can last between a minimum of 10 to a maximum of 15 years in operation. After this, even if yours hasn’t broken down, it is better to get it replaced because it simply can’t match the improved effectiveness and efficiency of newer systems. If you aren’t sure about your system’s age, you can turn to one of our pros to figure it out.
- Your system requires frequent and/or expensive repairs. If your system is well-maintained it shouldn’t require repairs more than once every few years. What’s more, these repairs shouldn’t be exceedingly pricey. If you need repairs as often as you need maintenance, or those repairs are getting to be far too expensive, it is a sign you need to plan for a replacement soon.
- Your air conditioner can’t keep things cool. If your air conditioner isn’t able to cool your home anymore, what is the point in keeping it around? When your system can’t produce any cool air, it means that you essentially have an overpriced fan in your home. At this point, it is always a better idea to schedule a replacement of your air conditioning system so that you can enjoy a cool home again.
Your AC System Options
When you need to replace your air conditioner, you will need to make sure that your next system is the best option for cooling your home. It helps to know what your system options of course. These can include:
- Central air conditioners: Known for great even cooling power in your home via the use of indoor and outdoor units and ductwork.
- Heat pumps: A heat pump uses an outdoor unit and air handlers to provide reliable cooling and heating.
- Ductless heat pumps: Able to offer all the perks of a heat pump, these systems have the added advantage that they don’t require ductwork.
Contact Robbins Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. for your next AC service. Don’t waste your time with the run-around. Give us a call and let us do it right the first time!